Fast forward to the latter part of the 20th century, due to the increasing trend of crime rate in the United States, the demand for home security systems subsequently ballooned as well. As a matter of fact, it became a standard feature of building security. It has gone through a lot of improvements to keep up with the changing times. During the 70s, alarm systems had yet another major breakthrough, the very first motion sensor was integrated. Further development ensued in the 80s and the 90s. Until finally, it is what most people are using now, a wireless motion sensor alarm.
From the door shakers to a wireless motion sensor alarm, the home security system has gone through a lot of remodelling and major improvements. With everything being more sophisticated nowadays, the home security system has expanded and has now reached the driveway. We now have the Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert Security System (CWA2000). This motion sensor driveway alarm is already out in the market so you can have an added security installed at your house. Let’s find out the key features of this wonderful device.
Key Features of the Product
- Easy to install.
- No wiring required.
- Alerts with lights and sound when motion sensor is activated.
- Signals from sensors are detected by the base receiver up to half a mile away.
- Sensors are weatherproof.
- You can add up to three additional sensors (sold separately).
- Base unit uses AA batteries or the included AC adapter.
- You can set specific alert lights and sound for each sensor to easily identify which motion sensor is activated.
- Motion sensors can detect movement from 30 feet away.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- Can detect not only vehicles, but pedestrians as well.
The Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert Security System has so many great features. Many people have tried the product and were very much satisfied. It has almost 3,000 reviews online. Users can rate the product on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 stars being the highest. With almost 3,000 reviews, this product is rated 3.8 stars out of a possible 5. To maintain a high score with that much reviews is not an easy task. To know more, let’s see what people have to say about the product.
- Very affordable.
- The volume is adjustable.
- You can program the transmitters to more than one head unit.
- New base unit is smaller and nicer than the old model.
- The signal goes through a brick wall very easily.
- The mounting is sturdy enough and very simple to install.
- Sensor comes with a small hood for protection.
- Sensor is made out of thick plastic.
- Excellent battery life.
- The device works with metal buildings with lots of electronics and other equipment.
- The product works as good as or better than an expensive brand.
- It is totally portable.
- The sound is loud enough to be heard most anywhere in the house.
- Good sound. Good range. Good detection.
- The sensor would only detect movement if the movement was within about ten feet of the sensor.
- The sound was very low.
- Had no way to add external sound alert fixture.
- The product is made out of cheap plastic and would not hold up to the sun.
- The battery life is less than 3 days if left on.
- The volume is too loud.
If you want additional security at your residence or wherever you want to install an alarm system, then this device is for you. The product is not just for homeowners who want to be alerted whenever a vehicle enters the driveway, but also when unexpected people step on the vicinity of the house. It is also best for people who cannot afford to spend a lot of money on a security device because the product is very affordable yet dependable. It is also recommended for those who are not very technical as the device is very easy to install.
Should You Buy It?
The reviews of the people who already bought the product and are already using it are testimonials of how great the product is. It certainly worked well with a lot of people so there should be no reason why you should not buy it too. Although there are some negative reviews, those are understandable and inevitable. As said, no product can please everyone all the time.
If you care about the safety and security of your property, you should buy it. If you care about your safety and your family’s, you should definitely have the Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert Security System (CWA2000) installed at home.
- 0 Comments
Posted by Admin on August 5, 2017 at 6:12 am