In the good old days, all you need is a baseball bat beside your bed, or probably a gun, to feel safe. But you have to keep up with the changing times as well. Everything is digital and so modern now that it is also about time you up the ante on your household security.
Safety is the Second Most Important Thing
In the Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, physiological is at the very bottom level which makes it the most important. These are the fundamental things needed on a daily basis in order to survive. Included here are the food you eat and the water you drink. The second most important is safety. Under this category are the clothes you wear to protect you from the cold weather, as well as the house that you live in that protects you from dangerous predators.
It is in the nature of human beings to adapt in order to survive. In this modern day and age, even the negative elements in the society are capable of adapting to the environment. A good man once said, “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.” So it is just about right to use modern technology to your advantage.
Features of Wireless Driveway Alarms
Wireless driveway alarms have been around for quite some time. It acts as your initial line of defense from intruders. If you live in a secured community, it can be used to simply help you prepare for that knock on the door when your visitors arrive. Let’s take a look at the features of the ¼ Mile Long Range Wireless Driveway Alarm.
- Allowed up to 48 sensors in total with 12 sensors per zone.
- More than 30 high quality ringer options.
- Adjustable volume control.
- Option to plug in the receiver using AC adaptor (included) or can run on 4 AAA batteries.
- Driveway alert sensor has low battery indicator. Uses 4 AA batteries for up to 1 year.
- With normal interference, up to ¼ mile wireless range between the sensor and the receiver.
- Weather resistant.
- Wireless motion detector with sun hood.
- Has 12 volt relay to add external alarms and chimes.
- With flashing LED lights in addition to the chime.
- Allows user to set different chimes and LED lights between zones to easily monitor which sensor was activated.
- Technical support is based in Seattle, WA.
- Lifetime Manufacturers Warranty.
As the saying goes, “You cannot please everybody.” There will always be someone who will find something negative in a certain product. The ¼ Mile Long Range Wireless Driveway Alarm has a total of 18 reviews. Users have the option to rate the product between 1 to five stars, with 5 stars being the highest. Out of 18 reviews, 13 gave this awesome device a perfect score. Let’s list down some of the things they liked about the product.
- The unit comes set up and ready to go.
- Easy to follow straightforward directions written by someone who speaks English.
- Accurate and detailed diagrams.
- No communication problem with the system.
- Well packaged, organized neatly, and padded appropriately.
- Company responded to emails in a prompt manner.
- There are choices of tones.
- Works better than a doorbell.
- Performance exceeded expectations.
- Great quality.
- Able to withstand all types of weather.
- Unit did not work because the speaker in the receiver was broken upon delivery.
- Product is not suitable because there is interference with the metal siding of the house.
The other negative review is a classic example of a person whom the product is really not intended for. It’s like buying a Samsung phone charger or earphones when what you have is an iPhone. It really would not work. Putting that aside, the user still has something good to say about the company. He mentioned that the company is good at after sales check up. He was also able to get in touch with customer service who got to the bottom of things and helped him figure out why the product would not work.
Taking everything into consideration, this product is very useful to almost everyone except those whose houses have metal sidings. If you live in an area where break-ins are rampant, then this product is definitely a must for you to have. If you want to be notified of a FedEx, USPS, UPS delivery person who just leaves the package at your doorstep, or the arrival of a visitor, then this wireless driveway alarm could give you a good 5-10 second advance signal.
Should You Buy It?
The question for you to answer now is whether to buy it or not. This product is more expensive than its competitors. However, the price was not even mentioned in the two negative reviews about this product. It just goes to show that the product really delivers. It may be a bit costly, but you are definitely assured of the quality. It is better to pay the price for the safety of yourself and your loved ones, than regret not getting one and pay the price with your life. The choice is yours.
- 0 Comments
Posted by Admin on August 5, 2017 at 6:08 am